What product is used?
The Mid Yorkshire Skin Clinic is one of the few clinics in the UK offering Plasma BT treatment. This machine/system is based on focused advanced plasma technology and is only used by medical professionals.
How does it work?
Plasma energy only has a positive effect on skin cells.
It is clinically proven to:
- Increase dermal density
- Control oil and sebum production
- Inhibits melanocytes in the epidermis which controls melasma
- It temporarily detaches skin cellular proteins from their connecting links to allow molecules past the cell wall – this is a fantastic transdermal delivery system for products into the dermis (Iontophoresis)
- Increases absorption of products up to 120 times
- Post treatment hyaluronic acid serums and masks are applied and the ingredients is taken straight down to the dermis
- Skin regeneration, collagen remodelling, elastin production
- Sterilisation – plasma shower completely obliterates bacteria living on the skin, bacteria cannot survive post plasma shower making it a fantastic treatment for people with acne and rosacea
- Plasma shower controls inflammation and has wound healing properties
How popular is this treatment?
Plasma BT is the most sophisticated technology available for this type of treatment and delivers outstanding results, which is why it was a finalist in the most recent MyFaceMyBody Awards. It is the most supreme, revolutionary plasma skincare device you will find on the market. There are other types of plasma devices used in the industry, however, no other device has the plasma shower handpiece.
What areas can be treated?
- The skin on the face and neck for regeneration
- Eyelids/bags/tear trough as a standalone treatment
- Scars and stretchmarks
- Deep dermal skin delivery system
- Wound healing
- This treatment is a completely pain free alternative to mesotherapy
What happens during my consultation?
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether the treatment is safe for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed. You may also require this face to face assessment to determine how many sessions you will require to achieve desired results and any products which may be required.
What happens during my treatment appointment?
Makeup is removed and the skin is cleaned with an appropriate solution.
The plasma shower handpiece is moved around the skin to deliver plasma as per the protocol. Depending on the treatment purpose the skin will be left clean and dry or a product may be applied.
What’s the aftercare advice?
You will be given verbal and written advice. You must not apply makeup for 24 hours after the procedure.